altostratus,

Literary: Second Chances

3/25/2015 08:40:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments


I remember how fast you were going
As I was waiting by the corner,
Waiting for you on a rainy afternoon,
With only your footsteps to be heard.

I remember how you were standing still
Getting drenched as the rain poured down
You were waiting for someone,
Was it me?

I counted your steps, one by one,
The pitter patter of rain sounding like the ticking of my watch
I watched as the pitter patter turned to large drops, the way ticks became tocks
And finally you were there

I walked slowly towards that corner where you were
Ignoring the large raindrops falling on my back.
All that matters is now, I’ve got a chance
To make up for the time I wasted in the past

Twenty minutes a bit too late,
I was ready to walk away in the rain
But as I was closing my umbrella
You put yours above my head.

Just in time, I reached you with my umbrella
You stopped, turned, and our eyes met.
We stared at each other for almost an eternity
With no one even bothering to say a single word

I didn’t mind anymore that you were late
I lay my head on your shoulder and sighed,
The smell of rain and your scent enveloping me.
Words would never be enough to describe our love.

We held each other in a very warm embrace
As I felt your heart beating through my shirt I remembered
How in the world did it once cross my mind
To break this lovely woman’s precious heart?

Words running thin, eyes running dry,
Walking away, coming back, making time,
We made our own history, my dear,
One time frame was never enough for us.

We walked together, towards a future full of love
Leaving behind a past full of sorrow and regret
Our own history, indeed, is what we wrote down
Our own fairy tale, which we will never, ever forget

You Might Also Like

0 comments: