disquietude,

Literary: Only Me x Only You

3/17/2015 08:43:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I wish you didn’t know so many girls. I wish I met you before anyone else did. That mine was the first hand you ever held. And yours was the first to ever hold mine.

I was afraid you’d soon fall back in love with someone in your past. The past I barely know anything about. The past that doesn’t contain even a fragment of my being. Maybe someone from there is a lot better than I am. Maybe I am just a mistake you secretly want to erase.

The thought haunts me more than it should, keeping me restless at night. Creating scenarios I am desperately hoping not to come alive. Maybe I just don’t want to lose you.

It was hard competing with ghost lovers from the past. But you told me I need not to. Because I am your present and your future. You chose me today and will continue to choose me everyday until all the stars fall down.

And all the hands you held.
And all the hearts you took.
They mean nothing to me now.

For your heart beats for me and only me.

-----

I may have known many girls whose hands held mine before I ever held yours. And though I may have been glad when I held them, I now realize how much I have been missing out on.

I’ve fallen in love so many times in the past. You’ve probably never heard of the stories of those I loved before you. But what would it matter if none of them could ever compare to you?

And during those times I find myself thinking about what could have been, who I could’ve ended up with, I only need to look beside me and remind myself of what a wonderful person I have in my life.

You need not worry. I crush “what if?” questions that cross my mind. I know you have doubts. But I’m telling you not to. For I may not have loved you yesterday, but I love you today, and I will love you for all of my tomorrows.

And all the hands I once held.
And all the hearts I may have broken.
They should not matter at all to you.

For my heart beats for you and only you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: