english,

Literary: The Clock Tower

3/25/2015 07:53:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments


Once again I find myself at the solitary clock tower on the cliff overlooking the seashore, the stars and the full moon being my only companions this night. Outside, I see that the Aurora is beginning, sending dancing flashes of color across the lonely landscape. While staring at this majestic display, I feel at peace listening to the celestial music only the night sky’s silence can provide.

Looking back, I see the tower just as it announces midnight, with tolling bells sending a mournful wail that echoes through the trees. For once, I am satisfied in being alone, I realize that it is the only thing that gives me freedom. True freedom, free from the binding shackles of society, its uncouth hustle and bustle. Once again I return my sight to the masquerade unfolding above as through each flash of light, the constellations come to life, I see Orion’s hunt still continuing, the Gemini and the Virgo dancing upon a meadows of starlight. But as the northern lights fade, so does my vision slowly disappear. The tower announces the first hour of the morning, I look at it, and decide that the moon shall be the only clock I shall even need.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: