english,

Literary (Submission): Who is Love?

2/05/2015 07:46:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments


I don't know if this is what they call love.
From what they told me:

Love knocks with a rose for your birthday or more. More as the years come.
Love is there on a cold day, waiting for cuddles.
Love remembers Valentine's Day.
And love remembers your favorite songs
And listens to the album it came from, just because.
Well, just because love wants to know what you like.
Love remembers you like to bake,
So love gives you an automatic eggbeater... that wasn't electronic.
It was cheap, but thoughtful.
When you push the eggbeater down, it spins on its own.
And it saves you time.
Love just makes you fat to make you thin again.
So you'd understand
That calorie counting is not the way to live.
Love remembers that you fix lots of things with duct tape.
So love gets you some. Because you ran out, trying to fix the pen
Which your grandfather gave you before he passed away
(Which love broke, by the way.)
Love says sorry. Love understands.
Love understands that the pen was cheap.
But love understands that it was the sentiment behind it.
Now, love is more careful to watch where love's going
When love walks on the floor to not step on any more pens.
Every time love wakes you up, love does that.
And love will continue to do these things. Well, because love loves.
And love is careful, to not let your heart be stepped on,
By anyone, even by love himself.

Now I'm careful,
To not let myself be stepped on
I’ll let myself find love wherever he's waiting.
I don’t have to ask if love is near,
Now, I’ve learnt especially
(To never ever ask If someone else can be love for me.)
Because I know
Only love can be love.

When love comes to me, I'll greet him with a smile.
Make him warm cookies just before he says
"I'm hungry."
And I'll show love, love
Before he could even ask
If I could love him back.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: