english,

Literary (Submission): A Little Too Late

2/05/2015 08:34:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments


Everything in this world has its own time.

But, why is it I wasn’t aware that the time had come for it to happen? Was I just too carried away? Was I too careless to let that opportunity come and go, slipping away from grasp?

Well, I shouldn’t be asking myself these questions anymore because it’s a little too late for me to ponder and dwell on these. “The damage has been done," so to speak. Cards were played, moves and actions were done and taken. The door that was once wide open for me is now sealed shut.

And I know, deep inside, that this is my fault.

At first, it wasn’t that much of a deal for me. I was really happy for you, thinking that you were going to have a very good time. But, pain crept into me - slowly, and painfully. Like being drowned by the ocean waves in a storm, I suddenly couldn’t help thinking about my efforts, and how they were just reduced to nothing. My body, struggling to keep my face above the waters, couldn’t keep up with the pace of the waves.

I was just gone.

Then, people were talking to me, treating me like I just lost a loved one, saying words of comfort. Things like “Maybe it wasn’t meant to be." But there’s something wrong with what they say. What I’m thinking is that maybe, just maybe, it wasn’t meant to be. Maybe there’ll be another time, another chance or me to grasp that opportunity. Another chance to get what was lost from me.

Maybe.

If it is destiny that we happen to talk about how things are going in our lives, and have fun just like we used to, I would like to ask you a question. And I would like you to answer this as honestly as you can.

Am I a little too late?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: