bluetooth,

Literary (Submission): Keeper of my Heart

2/11/2015 08:59:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments


There was a moment in my life
When everything seemed perfectly alright
Though it was just a short moment
It had you in it.

In that moment, you were perfect
Up there, unreal, unreachable,
And I felt that that was why I wanted you
And that was why I got you.

In that moment, you had me too
You held onto me firmly, securely
And I figured, everyone yearns for that
That everyone wants to be wanted

In that moment, I just kind of knew
That it would be me and you
And it was all that ever mattered
It was… until it wasn’t.

You see, the moment ended
You’re not perfect
You’re not up there, or unreal, or unreachable,
And your firm, secure hold made me fell bounded.

So that was the moment in my life
the one that opened my eyes to something
the "it's not you..." line? it's true

'cause it's not your fault that I realized to late
That the keeper of my heart... can only be me


You Might Also Like

0 comments: