english,

Literary: Stoned Death

8/08/2014 08:59:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

This is my sanctuary, my fortress of solitude. No one can ever touch me, nor hurt me. I am unbreakable. I am unfeeling. I am a stone.

At least that’s what I thought.

But then these little things started cracking me, and I started to crumble. I turned into clay at their touch, melted into the mud when they hurt me. But why? Why had I changed, when I needed it least?

And why is it, out of all the things that could have changed me, love?

To be honest, the first time I met you... I pitied you. You were so... Weak. Fragile. Innocent. Naive. Stupid, really. Like... Like a child without care nor worry.

You’d whine and laugh and cry, and just bug me to pieces. So annoying yet, I have to say, you just grew on me. You just did. Like the younger sibling I never had.

But. Damn. That face. That smile. That... Everything. It managed to change without me noticing. And now. You’re not just a little kid. You’re a part of me. Like... My other half.

And then one day. I just realized it. That...

I love you.

And I was so... Scared. Knowing that you could see right through me, all of me, even those dark, hidden, places where no one has ever been before. Knowing that you could easily break me, I, the stone, the unbreakable... I don’t even know any more. You’ve changed me, and I can’t tell whether it’s good or bad.

I couldn’t stand it. Being so vulnerable. I couldn’t have... I couldn’t have you. I can’t feel... Not like you do. I can’t be what you need. I can only be a stone.

So I have to leave. This stone is so close to breaking. But I can’t! I have to be what I have always been. I have to be myself again, find myself again.

STONES DON’T HAVE OTHER HALVES! STONES DON’T FEAR! STONES DON’T LOVE! STONES DON’T FEEL! STONES DO NOT BREAK!

I’m sorry.

This is my sanctuary, my fortress of solitude. No one can ever touch me, nor hurt me. I am unbreakable. I am unfeeling. I am a stone.

/ by Stonefield and Thanatos

You Might Also Like

0 comments: