english,

Literary: Silent Storm

7/21/2012 08:49:00 PM Media Center 8 Comments

Natasha nudged my shoulder as Robby passed by. My eyes watched him as he walked out of my sight. I sighed. He was never like this. He never ignored me all the time. In fact, he gave me so much attention, it annoyed me. He gave me weird nicknames, ate my lunch, and borrowed random things from me. And now, he’s acting like I don’t exist at all. He wouldn’t talk to me nor tease me.

Sometimes, I don’t get myself either. Shouldn’t I be happy that he stopped teasing me? That he doesn’t go out of his way to annoy me anymore? But it’s like he has the power to make me want to look for him.

One rainy morning, while I was doing my science homework, he sat on the arm chair in front of me. I was hoping he would say hi. But he didn’t. He just went about his business, his back to me all the time. I sighed. This cold treatment has been going on for a month now. I want to yell at him! But, what for? I guess fretting over it is worthless.


The rain grew louder. I was just waiting for classes to be suspended. I was playing with my pen when the bell rang, signaling that the wait was over.

Natasha was fetched by her mom early so I had to wait for my dad alone. Minutes passed, I was getting impatient; I called my dad to tell him that I decided to go home by myself. Unfortunately, I was soaking wet even with my umbrella up. The rain was strong and took so long to stop. I ran to the shed and waited a long time but there were no jeeps around.

It was cold and I was shivering. I rubbed my hands together to keep me warm. And for no reason at all, I cried. I am so stupid; stupid enough to indulge in self-pity. Moments later, I heard footsteps. I felt a warm jacket over me. I looked up and saw Robby’s expressionless face.

“It’s so cold,” he said in a blank voice. He didn’t even look at me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“It’s a public place,” he said tonelessly.

I rolled my eyes. I decided not to talk to him anymore for I was afraid I might get immature answers, but I couldn’t take it anymore. I grabbed his jacket and shoved it back to him.

“You don’t get it do you?!” I shouted at him, “You’re so insensitive.”

I ran off to the rain, hoping to escape him, but he followed.

“Are you trying to get sick?!” he asked. “Have you lost your head?”

“No!” I answered punching his arm. “I hate you for saying that, for making me assume you were interested in me, for doing those childish things and ignoring me afterwards and most of all...” I was flustered; I took a deep breath, “…I hate you for making me like you.”

He stood there, speechless. He pulled me into a hug. I felt his lips on my head as I buried my face into his chest.

“You know what,” he whispered stroking my hair, “I hate myself for all the same reasons, too.”

I smiled as I started to blush while raindrops were falling on us. ● by Ms. Marvel 

You Might Also Like

8 comments:

  1. omg this made me tear up

    ReplyDelete
  2. asdkjagsjkfga That moment when they hugged each other under the pouring rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesomesauce

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the person who wrote this:

    We should totally hang-out. This story is so tagos to the bone, kudos. Albeit quite cheesy, its still a nice read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it bad I am totally Fan girling right now? OMGGG. love it.more?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ayyy ang landi =))) yikeeee haha :"> :-bd

    ReplyDelete