english,

Literary: Rainstorm Romance

7/16/2012 08:25:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

Making my way home, the pavement was gradually stained by azure droplets slowly increasing in size and frequency.

Soon, the rain was pouring and people were disappearing. The gloomy, melancholy rain sucked away the color, painting a dreary gray scale portrait of loneliness. I walked alone in the streets, the rain still heavy on my skin. I was bereft of shelter and an umbrella. I put on my hood and looked down, shrugging off the heavy downpour.


Then she came along.


A technicolor sprite in my monochrome world, rekindling the life and light in her surroundings with a brilliant spark. We sang together despite the rain. She hadn't a care in the world and she was so vibrant. Her gaze gave me warmth, she empowered me.

Unfortunately, she had to leave. She had to return to a place unreachable, to a place in the skies, to her own kaleidoscopic realm, leaving me once again alone in this pastel world, where the colors will never be as bright as when she was with me. ● by Neriza (first published in http://neriza.deviantart.com on 26 May 2012)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: