aeon,

Literary (Submission): Lamenting Memoirs

7/30/2012 08:37:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

I could smell her fragrance from where I’m sitting--the scent of apples and roses. Just being this close to her... these are the moments when I wish time would stand still for me and her.

She looked around and her gaze met mine. Those dazzling hazel eyes of hers were what captured my heart. She gave a faint smile then faced the board once more.

My name is Aeon de la Rue, a 4th year student from the University of the Philippines and she’s Felicity Lament, my first love.

It’s been a year since I’ve fallen for her. I haven’t talked to her since summer; ever since I thought I’ve lost my feelings for her.

She had been the reason I woke up every morning with a smile on my face, the reason I happily went to school back in those days.

But now, I act like I barely know her, I haven’t spoken to her, nor has she spoken to me. I miss the days I sat beside her, the time I spent with her, the feelings I had for her, but most of all… I miss her.

It was the first day after Christmas Break, and she was seated beside me. It had been an eventful Christmas and there was an awkward silence between us.

I was the first to break the silence, I smiled at her and greeted her a good morning. She replied with a smile. I missed seeing her smile. It had been a whole month since I last saw her. A single smile from her brightened my day, but I remembered my parting words to her last Christmas… “Remember the girl I’ve been talking about? Well, it’s you…”

Things are different between us now. Now, she knows how I feel about her, but she acts like she doesn’t. Should I be happy because we’re friends, or should I cry because that’s all we’ll ever be?

Days passed, stars continued to shine, why do I have tears in my eyes even though she was never mine? [Submitted by Aeon]

You Might Also Like

0 comments: