aeon,

Literary (Submission): 1 Thing, 2 Say, 3 Words, 4 You (Part 2)

7/28/2012 09:07:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

That night as I was sleeping, I dreamt of her. I was walking along the corridors of UPIS when I saw her from behind; she seemed to be alone so I decided to talk to her. As I was saying her name, I remembered what happened that afternoon. I felt a great pressure on my chest, I couldn't move. As she was turning around to look at me, I panicked. I woke up screaming, I was breathing heavily. Even in my dreams, I was afraid to find out her reaction. What if she avoided me? What if she tells me upfront that she dislikes me? I was too tired to think. I felt reality slowly drifting away; I had fallen asleep once more.

I was walking along the corridors of UPIS. I saw her on the second floor and happened to pass by her. As I was passing by, she said my name. I didn't stop to turn around; I continued walking when she suddenly said, "Remember what you said last time?"

My whole body went numb, my legs stopped moving. She continued what she was saying. "Can we talk?" she asked. I turned around to face her. I approached her then gestured for her to follow me.

We walked the corridors of the second floor. She then said to me, "I'm sorry, but I can't reciprocate your feelings."

I instinctively replied "You don't have to. I just wanted you to know how I feel, just in case something happened to me during Christmas Break." She smiled at me and said something, but I couldn't hear it. The walls started fading, the ceiling began to disappear. Everything went black and she vanished along with everything else.


I woke up to the sound of my sister using the laptop.

Christmas Break passed by slowly. I had nothing to entertain me. I only had the laptop and a couple of friends to talk to. Christmas and New Year passed, nothing significant happened.

January had come and classes have resumed. I arrived in school before time. I was thinking, how should I react if I see her? Should I talk to her? Should I pretend that nothing happened? Should I ignore her? As I was thinking, she entered the classroom. My blood froze, my hands were shaking, and my heart was throbbing. Maybe I could just avoid her for now...

But there's one problem: my seat is right next to hers... ● by Aeon

Note: The follow-up story to 1 Thing, 2 Say, 3 Words, 4 You will be published on Monday, July 30.  Read Part 1 here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: